Friday 26 August 2011

10 Signs You’ve Become a Twitter Whore!

While i was reading my favorite Tweets list, it just hit me that there are certain activities that are taking place on Twitter in the biggest “follower grab” in the history of the internet.  Reminiscent of the mau forest land grab, there seems to be a “mad dash” to grab as many Twitter followers as you can, as fast as you can.
If you haven’t gotten caught up in the excitement, I had better warn you that it is quite addicting.  As I created this list, funny how it came to me so easily… hmmm… I realized that I myself am guilty of a few of these tell tale signs.  So, sit back and enjoy the laugh and know that if you can associate with one or more of these, you are in good company!
Here are 10 sure-fire signs you’ve become a Twitter whore:
10.  Your Tweets have more than two hash tags: #HappyO9, #TCOT, #bedtimestories, #blacklabs that don’t seem to be related.
9.  You get a really nice DM repsonse back, but you have no clue what they are talking about, because you can’t link back to your original DM.
8.  You check Twitter Grader more than once a day.
7.  You get upset when less than 300 people have followed you… in just one day!
6.  You stay up later than you should, just to follow a “few” more Tweeters, oh and that one too, just one more, ah, now there’s a good one…wait, I see another.
5.  You unfollow people, just to follow them back so that your Twitter icon is catapulted to the beginning of their follower list, thereby giving you more exposure. Cha-ching!
4.  You’ve resigned yourself to Auto-follow with a spammy DM message!
3.  When someone following 300 people, or less, follows you there entire home page fills up with just your Tweets.
2.  You’ve given up going to people’s profiles before you follow them as long as they have a decent picture.
1.  You follow them even if they have a scary picture!

Thanks for stopping by, and by all means, if your not following me on Twitter yet, you can do so here: @watsonmaina


— YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO RETWEET THIS POST —
Can you think of any that I missed?  Leave yours in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment